Cancer and HIV
Our Oncology Programme manages the high cost of cancer treatment and drug therapy. If you are diagnosed with cancer, please let us know as soon as possible after the diagnosis, so that we can register you on the Oncology Programme. This will help you get the most out of your benefits for cancer treatment.
Benefits of the Oncology Programme:
- Cover for pathology, radiology, medicine and other cancer-related treatment.
- Access to donor searches for bone marrow transplants.
Any cancer-related treatment that falls within the Prescribed Minimum Benefits is always covered at 100% of Scheme Rate, with no co-payment if you use Network Providers who we have an agreement with.
You have to register for the Oncology Programme
You or your treating doctor can register you for the Oncology Programme by contacting the Oncology team in one of the following ways (Please note, we will need a copy of your histology or pathology report):
- Call 0860 002 133
- Email email@example.com.
- Fax: 011 539 5417
We will need a copy of your histology or pathology report.
If a test confirms that you are HIV positive, you or your Healthcare Provider must register you with the Aid for AIDS programme as soon as possible. Their skilled, professional consultants respect your right to privacy and will help you get access to clinically sound and cost-effective treatment for your individual needs. Please be assured that we treat each case with complete confidentiality.
To register please contact Aid for AIDS:
Benefits of the HIV Programme
- Medicine to treat HIV* and vitamins for the immune system
- Regular monitoring of the condition
- Monitoring of the patient’s response to therapy and tests to pick up side effects
- Continued patient support through dedicated counsellors
- Assistance in finding a registered counsellor for emotional support.
* This includes medicine to prevent mother-to-child transmission and infection after sexual assault or needle-stick injury.
Members will also have access to pre-exposure prophylaxis and post-exposure prophylaxis.